Let's be honest: everyone likes pasta! Thanks to the limitless variety of pasta types and sauce variations, there are always new combinations to discover. Bolognese, Gorgonzola, basil pesto, carbonara and arrabiata are just a few of the classic Italian sauces. But seasonal and regional sauce specialties with fish, meat and vegetables also make pasta fans' hearts beat faster.
And since the mere thought of pasta makes our mouths water, there's now a recipe to try. Invite your friends and family and enjoy an evening together with a large bowl of „Penne alla Vodka“.
It’s Pasta Time
The unmistakably smooth consistency and orange color result from the interaction of pureed tomatoes, cream and vodka. The Vodka ensures that the hidden aromas of the tomatoes can develop and at the same time stabilizes the mixture of passata and cream, creating a homogeneous, creamy consistency of the sauce. Refined with fresh basil and parmesan, the taste experience is perfect. Since you can easily add or leave out Parma ham, the dish is suitable for both meat lovers and vegetarians. The best thing is: “Penne alla Vodka” is proof that delicious meals can be conjured up without spending hours behind the stove.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Cook pasta in salted water.
- Dice the onion small and fry in olive oil. If desired, briefly steam the ham in strips, then deglaze with LION’s Vodka ablöschen.
- Add the cream and tomato passata and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally, generously fold in the basil and season with pepper and salt.
- Mix the pasta with the vodka sauce and serve with grated Parmesan!