Let’s be honest: everyone loves pasta! Thanks to the limitless variety of pasta types and sauce variations, there are constantly new combinations to discover. Bolognese, gorgonzola, basil pesto, carbonara, arrabiata are just a few of the classic italian sauces. But seasonal and regional sauce specialities with fish, meat and vegetables also make any pasta fan’s heart beat faster.
And since our mouths start to water at the mere thought of pasta, we now have a recipe for you to recreate. Invite your friends and family over and enjoy an evening together over a big bowl of „Penne alla Vodka“.
It’s Pasta Time
The unbelievably smooth consistancy and the beautiful orange colour are the result of combining strained tomatoes, cream and vodka. The Vodka ensures that the hidden flavours of the tomatoes can unfold and at the same time it stabilises the mixture of passata and cream, creating a delightful homogeneous creamy sauce. Refined with fresh basil and Parmesan, the taste experience is perfect. Since you can easily add or omit Parma ham, the dish is suitable for meat lovers and vegetarians alike. The best thing is: “Penne alla Vodka” is proof that delicious meals can also be conjoured up without hours of work in the kitchen.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
250 g Penne
350 ml Tomato Passata
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Bunch of fresh basil (chopped)
50 ml Cream
Salt & Pepper
70 g Parma Ham (optional)
- Cook the pasta in salted water
- Finely dice the onion and fry in olive oil. If desired, cut the ham into strips and fry briefly as well, then add the LION’s Vodka.
- Add the cream and tomato passata and simmer for 5 minutes
- Finally, fold in a generous amount of basil and season with salt and pepper
- Mix the pasta with the vodka sacue and serve with grated parmesan!